Tuesday, February 23, 2010

THE CLEVER GROUSE

A black grouse was sitting in a tree.
A fox came up to the tree and said to her:
- Hullo, my friend! How are you? I heard your voice and hurried to see
you.
- Thank you for your kindness, - replied the black grouse. Then the fox cried:
- I can't hear anything. Come down here and let's have a talk.
- I can't come down, I'm afraid. It's dangerous for birds to walk on the ground.
- Maybe you are afraid of me? - the fox asked.
- Why of you? Of others, maybe. There are all kinds of beasts.
- Don't be afraid, my dear, - replied the fox. "There is a new law. There must be peace all over the world. Now beasts cannot eat one another.
- It's a splendid law, - the black grouse cried from the tree.
- This law will save you from the dogs I see running this way.
Hearing these words, the fox pricked up his ears and was about to run away.
- Why are you running away? - the black grouse asked.
- There is a new law and no beast will eat you.
- It's true, but maybe these do not know anything about the new law, - the fox said and hurried off.

No comments:

Post a Comment